Fantastic training day – I would definitely recommend this course to either experienced or new teachers.
Brilliant – just what I wanted! I will recommend this course without hesitation –it has given me a wealth of useful, practical information.
Superb! Best physics teaching course I’ve been on. Excellent tips and excellent resources.
Excellent. I have got a wide selection of resources that can be used and applied in the classroom.M. SKILLINGS
ST. ANTONY’S COLLEGE
Presentation was excellent – very enthusiastic and energising. I would definitely recommend this to colleagues.B. WARD
PENWORTHAM GIRLS’ SCHOOL
Very good, very full, very busy, lots packed in and lots of practical ideas to use in the classroom. I would definitely recommend this course to others.JULIE BRIGGS
RIBBLESDALE HIGH SCHOOL
There are many challenges to overcome when aspiring to achieve a Grade C or better in GCSE Geography. Not least of these is the sheer volume of content to be assimilated, as well as the skills in writing effectively on features, description and process, that need to be developed.
This course is focused on delivering classroom teaching activities that overcome these challenges and will draw on examples from all exam boards, covering key areas such as development, coasts, weather and climate.
• Provide a host of practical strategies to support students in achieving Grade C or better in Geography
• Focus on understanding exam paper requirements (based on research of all boards and syllabi)
• Enable you to implement strategies to support revision
• Provide you with all the resources & materials you need to implement these strategies
• A comprehensive range of course materials that can be used the very next day thus saving delegates hours of work
• Refreshments and lunch
|9.00 - 9.30||Registration and coffee|
Session 1 - The (two year) course
• The issues
• Understanding the paper – what do the examiners want
• Active learning methods to move students across C/D borderline
• Assessments and learning strategies for C/D students
Session 2 - Coursework and exams
• Maximising students’ coursework marks
• Displays - the silent helper
• Maximising students’ exam marks. The top tips that all exam boards agree upon
Session 3 - Support for revision time
• Improving revision strategies
• Revision lessons
• Revision packages