TEACHING ESSENTIALS: ADVANCED LEVEL
Enhancing practice: preparing for great teaching and learning
The advanced level comprises of three two-day workshops equating to six days of contact time.
Day five focuses on relationships in and out of the classroom, including basic safeguarding, reputation, dealing with parents and other agencies and establishing good routines to support learning. Delegates will also look at positive approaches to behaviour including body language and non-verbal communication. There will also be opportunities to explore better feedback including live marking and comparative judgement.
- Consider how to protect yourself from allegations including basic safeguarding
- Explore a variety of practical strategies to create challenge in the classroom
- Discover a range of non-verbal and verbal approaches to improve behaviour
- Develop a sound understanding of the basic principles of safeguarding
- Receive a toolkit of ideas to improve relationships with parents
- Gain a better understanding of the importance of non-verbal communication for improving behaviour
Day six includes time to consider formative assessment, use of rubrics, how to check progress and build in ‘next steps’ for learners. Delegates will also explore the importance of a digital portfolio, including the use of social media, interview techniques, emotional intelligence in the classroom and creating a sustainable work-life balance.
- Explore best practice and current research on formative assessment
- Consider the importance of a sound digital portfolio including social media presence
- Discuss the essential requirements for a good work-life balance
- Acquire a range of strategies for better formative assessment
- Receive a social media toolkit to create a digital portfolio
- Develop an action plan for improving work-life balance