This workshop will explore the role of Heads/Deputies/Principles and highlight the characteristics of highly effective leaders. It will provide strategies for the effective management of people, of time and of emails, as well as techniques for managing difficult conversations with parents and colleagues.
There will be advice on how to ensure your meetings are as effective as possible and how to manage change, prepare for appraisals and inspection, as well as self-appraisal and career development.
3-hour Zoom workshop includes:
- full course booklet with templates and teaching ideas
small group size to facilitate full participation
- face-to-face and group tasks/activities to maintain engagement
- Opportunities to ask and answer questions
- Understand the difference between leadership and management in your role
- Strategies to deal with time, paper and email management
- Explore your own leadership behaviours and proactively influence employee’ wellbeing
- Understand the signiﬁcant beneﬁt of supporting workplace resilience during times of uncertainty
- Improve your ability to cope with the challenges of change and deal with them effectively
- Handle having difﬁcult conversations with colleagues and parents