This session will explore ways to effectively communicate and ‘check in’ with our students well being from afar. We will examine how this approach on phone/text/email/face to face needs to be carefully planned and consistent in its approach and execution.
As educators we are all experienced communicators and build relationships with our learners, but how do we make the shift away from face to face and encourage some of our most disengaged young people? How do we develop our coaching and listening skills to make effective outcomes for students from afar?
Our 2-hour online workshop will include:
- practical classroom-ready ideas and resources
- small group size to facilitate interaction and full engagement
- group/pair work and discussion with the tutor
- pdf of the course booklet
- To explore the culture change of coaching face to face with teams/zoom/telephone/text/email conversations
- To become more confident with coaching as an approach to connect with our young people
- To create a template for a student support session that allows us to build up trust and rapport whilst not in the same room
- To experience coaching and being coached
- To create a shared ‘toolkit’ to develop our distance student coaching outcomes