Our understanding of helping SEND children thrive at school is evolving all the time. Using the latest research and good practice this course will provide you with the tools to really start to understand children with learning needs. By attending this course, you will be able to accurately gauge the needs of learners and families and confidently apply a wide range of ideas and strategies designed to enable SEND learners to fulfil their potential, enjoy learning and thrive.
3-hour online course includes:
- full course booklet with templates and teaching ideas
- small group size to facilitate complete interaction with course tutor via Zoom
- ability to ask and respond to questions
- video option allowing for face-to-face and group tasks/activities
We will consider
- What is it like to be a pupil with SEND in a mainstream classroom?
- Myths and realities of teaching SEND children
- What specific problems children with SEN face
- How we manage the learning, crisis points, and additional adults
- How to create an environment where SEND pupils can reach their full potential
- Teaching strategies that work
- Working with individuals and their families to create a shared understanding
- Creating simple plans for individualised support
- Supporting pupils to support themselves